Friday, May 27, 2011

Farmer's Market

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be selling my stained glass and mosaics at the Cuyahoga Valley Countryside Conservancy Farmer's Market  in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park this Saturday. Wow, that's a mouthful; but there are a number of Farmer's Markets in the area, and I want to make sure you can find me if you are curious. Our summer location is at Howe Meadow on Riverview Road, about 2 miles north of the Smith Road intersection. The Market runs all summer every Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to noon. This is our third Saturday this season, and we are still getting used to our new digs. Check out their website for detailed directions and a list of vendors.

The Market concentrates on food for the body, but they throw in a little food for the soul too, allowing a small number of artists to participate. Along with fresh produce and meats, you can find everything from honey and soaps to teas, flower bouquets, hand-crafted stationery, and my specialty: stained glass creations.  I try to limit what I take to the Market to nature inspired items, which is fairly easy for me since about 85% of my work falls into that category. I share a booth with my good friend Andrea, who makes crochet dishcloths, baby hats, and other beautiful crochet masterpieces.

Shoppers can gather at the Market to purchase fresh tasty treats--which are amazing, but it's also just a great place to hang out and meet people. There is an interesting and involved diverse group of people to share ideas with and learn from, and I haven't found a fun-sucker among them. So come on out for the fresh air, vegetables, and ideas. Don't forget to visit me in my booth at the Market on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment